OPGC is the main nuclear energy-producing organization possessed by the Public authority of Odisha. It was consolidated under the Organizations Act 1956 on 14 November 1984. OPGC began as an exclusively possessed Government Organization of the province of Odisha. It possesses and works four units of force plant-2 units of 210 MW each and 2 units of 660 MW each adding up to an age limit of 1740 MW of force at Ib Odessa Electricity Plans Plant (ITPS), Banharpali in Jharsuguda Locale of Odisha. The age from these units is focused on GRIDCO based on a drawn-out Power Buy Understanding. With the divestment of 49% of the value partakes for AES Partnership, the USA in mid-1999, the possession construction of OPGC became special of its sort in the country. Following the withdrawal of AES from OPGC in December 2020, Govt. of Odisha repurchased the 49% value held by AES through another State-claimed element Odisha Hydro Power Partnership Restricted (OHPC). Consequently, OPGC turned into a completely claimed organization of the Govt. of Odisha indeed.
OPGC Extension Task
- On 1 Walk 2019 Boss Priest Naveen Patnaik initiated OPGC’s development project which comprises two units of 660 MW each (complete of 1320 MW) and coal mineshafts worked by Odisha Coal and Power Ltd. (OCPL) devoted to the coal necessity of the two new units. The agreement was granted to M/s Bharat Weighty Electricals Restricted (BHEL) for the inventory of the Primary Plant and to M/s BGRE for an equilibrium of the plant.